Sunday 5 October 2014

A new swim season.

I have taken part in the 1 st Sunday of the month swim in Clifton today. I switched on my watch a bit after the start but swam 1,57 km in 35:36. That was a good start to the new swim season. I am trying to practice at least 3 times per week and swim 2 km at every pracice.

I plan to steadily increase the numbers of days swimming, weather permitting and also increase the distance. The water was a refreshing 14,5 degrees C today. I swam in Melkbosch yesterday where the water was probably 11-12 degrees. It took me walking up and down to ease the pain. When the pain in my ankles clear - because it feel "dead" I could walk in deeper until I started swimming. I swam 700 m in 19:29.

This week I will start practising in the farm dam. It is quite full but I am sure the water will be cold. After this weekends swim it should not be unbearable. I am looking forward to this weeks
Swimming.

Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment